- Sew in more sensible fabrics – less silk and floaty, fray-y, swearing-inducing stuff, more cotton and linen;
- More sensible, everyday clothes and fewer cocktail frocks and ball gowns;
- Cut off loose threads as I go;
- Work harder at my finishing – careful cutting, straighter seams, french seams, overlocked edges;
- Learn to grade patterns so they fit properly instead of crossing my fingers and cutting;
- More hand-sewn presents, made in good time instead of last-minute rushing before a party;
- Get my sewing room set up; and
- Work through my stash.